To acknowledge reconciliation as a long term process and journey, and to invite those we serve into this process, both practically and spiritually, to confront the cognitive distortions within themselves, restore broken relationships, and to commit to being an instrument of peace and healing within their community.
To process and confront barriers that keep us unreconciled with God and one another, through a theology of reconciliation and forgiveness, mindfulness, mediation, and the “12 Steps of Peacemaking.”
Lower Lights Center for Reconciliation achieves its mission and vision by producing outcomes in the following goal areas:
- Relationship coach between Project AIM families and their mentors
- Facilitate 12 Steps f Peacemaking support group for all Lower Lights programs
- Facilitate and mediate process of reunification between women ex-offenders and their children.
- Mediate conflict between Light the Way Home tenants and landlord.
- Provide consulting opportunities for other organizations working with strained family units.